Tuesday 9 April 2013

Day 5


Connecting with dots in Day 5
We often provide children with Dot to Dot activities such as connecting the dots from 1 to 10 or 1 to 20. Upon completing the all the dots, the children will be amazed to what picture it turn to be. What I’m experiencing today with connecting the dots was a different concept at all. Unlike the other activities for the pass days, I am surprised that I was able to do the activity without any difficulty. This is truly an accomplishment for me.
The first activity that we had was to connect 4 dots to create polygons. I also understand the fact that polygons always have straight lines. From the activities, we also explore the many ways to find the area of the polygons such as:
·         Bisecting
·         Cut and paste
·         Look for half of the rectangle
·         Subtracting
One interesting equation that I learned today to find the area of a polygon
                      Area of polygon ( x + 1)
                        Let x = no of dots  inside
                         A = area of polygon
                        Area = x + y/2
                        y = number of dots on the side


No comments:

Post a Comment