Finally we are done in Day 6
Today is the last day of the module. Although its too much for me to 'absorb' for 6 days but there are some interesting points that I will 'treasure' from this module.
- Cute numbers - This is a new term that I learnt.
- Subitize is actually to be able to tell the number without counting.
- The term 'diamond' shape that we always use is actually called rombus.
- Polygons always have straight lines. Examples of polygons are such as triangle, rectangle and square.
- The correct pronunciation of the word 'area'.
- The 4 steps when teaching the children : model, scaffold. provide opportunity and explain.
On the whole, it was an 'enriching' week for me.